I get questions all the time from Vegetarian clients about how to get enough protein in their diet.
For those willing to use dairy I tell them to use cold filtered unsweetened whey protein. Don’t buy a product full of artificial sweeteners and fillers (like maltodextrin). Why be vegetarian and put all that other crap in your body?
Here are 9 More Great Vegetarian Protein Sources:
Food Type: Protein / Carbohydrates / Fats
* Tofu 4 oz.: 8 gr / 4 gr / 4 gr
* Black Beans ½ cup: 7.5 gr / 20gr / 5 gr
* Peanut Butter 1 Tbl.: 4 gr / 3.5 gr / 8 gr
* Almond Butter 1 Tbl.: 2 gr / 3 gr / 9 gr
* Cashew Nuts ¼ cup: 5 gr / 9 gr / 12 gr
* Seitan 3 ounces: 20 gr / 8 gr / 2 gr
* Tempeh 4 ounces: 16 gr / 14 gr / 6 gr
* Sunflower seeds raw ¼ cup: 6 gr / 6 gr / 14 gr.
* Soybeans ½ cup: 16 gr / 14 gr / 8 gr
I hope this helps you make better food choices as a health conscious vegetarian.
If you need more help with your Food Plan, please don’t hesitate to contact me and set up a consultation.
Here’s to your Health! =)